Molecular diagnostics has become one of the dominant platforms in clinical laboratory Medicine. In recent years, the advent of molecular methods has revolutionized the evaluation of patients with presumed infectious diseases. Molecular diagnostics, molecular targeted therapy, and genetic therapy are now routine in many medical centers. The molecular field now impacts every field in medicine, whether clinical research or routine patient care.
To Encourage and Promote Excellence in Laboratory Medicine Teaching, Research and Patient Care
Doctors in specialist training and those desirous of updating their knowledge on recent advances in the Molecular Medicine and management of common disease conditions. Residents and General Practitioners are encouraged to attend. It is mandatory for residents in Laboratory medicine. Also, Lab managers, supervisors, employees, and affiliates who want to advance their knowledge in molecular diagnosis of human diseases. It attracted 10 credit units of CME.
To introduce participants to:
1. The foundation principles in the most commonly utilized molecular diagnostic testing protocols
2. The techniques required in order to perform the most commonly-used molecular diagnostics protocols
3. The components of a well-controlled diagnostic test.
4. Critical thinking skills to trouble shoot problems as they occur and determine
1. Clinical proteomics and molecular pathology
2. Prenatal diagnosis of sickle cell anaemia and thalassaemia
3. Molecular diagnosis of Haematological Malignancies
4. Techniques in molecular detection of Emergent microbes
5. Molecular Point of care test for diagnosis of infectious diseases
6. Next generation sequencing technique and its role in the diagnosis of metabolic diseases
7. Diabetic Cardiomyopathy: Biochemical and Molecular Mechanism
8. Molecular diagnosis, prognosis and targeted therapy of Haemoglobinopathies.
9. Diagnosis of Tumors, Micrometastases and Circulating Tumor Cells by Molecular Detection of Specific Chromosomal
10. DNA Polymerases and Mutagenesis in Human Cancers.
11. Molecular methods in screening and detection of Drug of Abuse
12. Application of Molecular Diagnostic Techniques for Viral Testing
DATE: 2nd – 4th February. 2022
TIME: 8.30am – 6.00pm each day.
VENUE: Zoom (Virtual)
COURSE FEE: Thirty-five Thousand Naira (N35, 000.00) per Participant.
ALL ENQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO
COURSE COORDINATOR: DR. P S. OGUNRO FWACP(LAB. MED)
Department of Chemical Pathology UNIMEDTH COMPLEX Ondo, Ondo State, Nigeria Email: email@example.com cell number: 08033061119
Dr. Akpalu (SECRETARY GENERAL)
West African College of Physicians
|Time||Wednesday 2nd||Thursday 3th||Friday 4th|
|9.00am-10.30am||Diabetic Cardiomyopathy: Biochemical and Molecular Mechanism Dr. ALAJE gsm:08038690269 email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Molecular diagnosis, prognosis and targeted therapy of Haemoglobinopathies. DR. HO OLAWUMI gsm: 08056705401 email: email@example.com||Diagnosis of Tumors, Micrometastases and Circulating Tumor Cells by Molecular Detection of Specific Chromosomal Dr. OMONISIN gsm 08030657424, email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|10:30am -12noon||DNA Polymerases and Mutagenesis in Human Cancers. Dr. MO BUHARI gsm: 08032796509 email: email@example.com||Molecular methods in screening and detection of Drug of Abuse DR . O. SONUGA gsm: 08106095870 firstname.lastname@example.org||Application of Molecular Diagnostic Techniques for Viral Testing DR. ODUYEBO gsm: 08023163319 email: email@example.com|
|12:30-2pm||Molecular diagnosis of Haematological Malignancies DR. JA OLANIYI gsm: 08023451590 email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Clinical proteomics and molecular pathology DR. EZEUWOM gsm: 08034715010; 07086578240 email: email@example.com||Prenatal diagnosis of sickle cell anaemia and thalassaemia DR. FASOLA gsm:08088575322; 08033375785 email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3:30-5: 15pm||Cutting Edge Techniques in molecular detection of Emergent microbes DR. AA FOWOTADE gsm: 07057519038 email: email@example.com||Molecular Point of care test for diagnosis of infectious diseases DR ONIPEDE gsm: 08033437850 email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Next generation sequencing technique and its role in the diagnosis of metabolic diseases. DR. OGUNRO gsm: 08033061119 email: email@example.com|